Snowed in.

Yep.

We are going through Snowmaggedon 2.0 right now. No buses on the road. No drivers available for taxis. And I'm stuck in the next city over from the one I work in.

Just fucking lovely.

I'm so grateful that my overnight guy didn't just say fuck it, lock the store up, and go home when neither myself or my dayshift guy didn't get in at 8am today. I've also reached out to the afternoon guy to ask him to go in a bit early so that my overnight guy can go home and get some sleep before he has to come back in for tonight.

I keep trying to contact a taxi company, ANY taxi company, to try to get a taxi sent to me. But nobody is answering their phones, and the apps just keep saying 'no drivers available at this time'. If I had a car, I'd have driven in and picked up my dayshift guy on the way. Yes, I'm just crazy enough to drive in this. Hell, I drove a sports car with nothing but all-season tires on it through a blizzard in the Rockies, so I'd be fine driving through this shit too. Even if I still had that shitty little sports car.

I feel bad because I can't get in to relieve my overnight worker. I live the furthest out of all of us, and of course I didn't think to make arrangements prior to crash at my kid's place before the storm hit. Go me. Ugh. If I had thought about it way sooner than 3am this morning, well, I wouldn't be stressing out over not being able to get into work right now.

Before I sat down to type this I went out and shoveled as much as I could before my back started screaming at me. It's far from perfect, but such is life. At least it's a path we can get down in order to get to the street. If I'd been able to get a taxi prior to shoveling I would have just kicked my way through the snow...I hate shoveling and my body is currently reminding me of why I don't do much of it at the best of times. The worst part is, that with the blowing snow it won't take long for most of my work to be undone. Go figure.

In the meantime, I'm going to work on some writing. My goal is to submit my book before the end of the month, and what time like the present when I'm stuck at home to get it done, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog