Slowly but surely I am decluttering my bedroom. I don't really have much choice in the matter, because I have way too much stuff. Most of said stuff are things I have held onto out of some psychological need to not get rid of things that I have bought with some use in mind or things that people have given to me.

And tonight, as I was doing yet another round of decluttering, I figured out why I do it.

When I was growing up it was nothing for my mother to get pissed off at me and throw out anything she decided was 'junk'. And it was only junk to her because she didn't see any personal need for whatever it was I owned. Not to mention her pathological need to simply destroy me in any way she possible could.

I lost count of how many times she would 'punish' me by tearing posters and pictures off of my walls, screaming as she did so for some perceived slight that I had visited on her.

So, once I was finally out of her clutches, I started to hoard stuff. It was mine and I wasn't getting rid of it, damn it all to hell. But now I don't have to worry about stuff like that...it just took me a while to realize why I tend to hoard stuff and start breaking that mindset!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog