My room is mostly de-cluttered! And I have a new-to-me desk that I picked up today from what has become my new favourite furniture thrift store.

The desk was a spur of the moment thing, honestly. I saw it on FB, posted by Again & Again, sent a message to my partner in crime, and she immediately contacted me back saying she'd take me to go get it. It was by the cash desk at the store, and I was in the process of paying for it when another customer put her hands on it. I excitedly told her that I was just buying it, that I had also posted on the FB picture that I was coming for it. Wooo! All mine!

I didn't put it into my room right away. I needed to finish the decluttering process I had started earlier in the day first. It was something I had been putting away for too long. And now it's pretty much done. I do have a couple of bins/bags left to go to, but now the majority of the mess it gone. And I cleaned out the bottom of my closet finally, something I had been avoiding.

Three bags of garbage in total were taken out before I took my old desk out and put my new desk in. I'm pretty happy with how the room looks so far. Not much more needs to be done in terms of decluttering, and now I know where I'll be putting things when I can finally get into the shed to get at the rest of my stuff. Which will make the rest of the process that much easier for me.

In the meantime, I'm waiting as patiently as I can for my new gaming rig to arrive. My daughter bought it for me, and I am so grateful. It's an Alienware PC that should last me at least five years for my needs. As it is, I'm using a desktop PC that is about 6-7 years old and it's only just now starting to go for a shit. One of my daughter's partners thinks it's insane that I picked such a powerful computer, but, as my daughter explained, it will last me for some time. And considering that I used to replace my laptop computers every12-18 months, this is pretty good. And I've been using my current PC for well over a year, after it had sat for close to two years after my daughter upgraded to her own Alienware PC...she had really only stopped using it because it was throwing a fan error and blue-screening. Yes, I fixed both issues around the time my laptop started really pissing me off - I'd been using it with an external monitor after I broke the screen. Go me, right?

And, the more I reflect on everything that has happened in the last little while, the more I'm appreciative that I found a decent place to land and call home. For rent and bills, I'm paying way less than I was on my own. My roomie and I get a long pretty good for the most part, and things just seem to work well here. Add to that the fact that I won the equivalent of $2500 that I have been slowly using to get things I need, with the odd splurge here and there, and the past few weeks have been pretty decent. I got a new duvet cover set, pillows, cat tower, hand-held shower, mattress topper, as well as groceries and some other items. And I still have approximately $1000 left. I'll probably use at least half towards more Walmart gift cards for groceries. Every little bit helps!

Anyhow, I have to work in the morning so it's time for me to crawl into bed. 7am comes way too early when you really don't want to go into work. Bleh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog