Slowly but surely getting a grip on cleaning and organizing the stuff that was brought into the house when I moved in 30 days ago. It's been slow going because I find myself getting burnt out so easily with it all, but it is getting down to a manageable level. And it helps when I set myself a goal of at least one doom bag a day. Especially while my roomie is out of town and I have plenty of space to move stuff around.

Once I get my bedroom fully sorted and arranged, ready to start bringing in my boxes of books, geeky collectibles, and other assorted stuff, I will start bringing in at least one box/bag each day to go through. Put away what I absolutely can't part with and donate/trash the rest. And donating is easier now with a friend who literally lives around the corner and has offered to help me with that any time I feel I have enough stuff to do a run.

I had hoped to finally get into the shed today so I could dig out my gaming consoles and assorted games, but that probably should wait until I have my TV and stand out in the living room. Which is the goal once all the Christmas stuff is taken down and I've minimized the crap I still have in the living room. That crap is neatly boxed and piled up, but I know that I will be able to go through it all again and donate even more stuff if I'm being realistic about it all. There are some things I will not get rid of because they are harder, more expensive to replace, but there's a lot of craft supplies that I got at the dollar store and I know I can get them again if I decide to actually do the associated craft. Especially because some of it I've had for over a year and haven't touched it other than to move it from one spot to another several times.

In the meantime I think I'm going to head to bed early tonight. I got maybe three hours of sleep last night. My fault though because I had a huge dose of caffeine late in the evening, on top of witnessing a nasty car accident while out and about last night. Adrenalin and caffeine can make sleep difficult sometimes, sadly. And now I'm exhausted. Gross.

But I will be crawling into clean sheets tonight and my room is much less cluttered and full of bags/bins/boxes of stuff.

I have also decided that I will be purchasing another duvet cover set so that I have a change for that. I already have a couple of sets saved to an Amazon wishlist, I just have to decide which one I want most! Decisions, decisions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog