Two and a half months in my current place, and so far everything is working out well!

I *still* have too much crap, but I will be working on getting rid of more of it over the next while. Especially as my landlady let me know tonight that her mother is selling one of her properties and the plan is to store some things in the basement...where I've got stuff laying around still. Not as much as I used to have, thankfully, but still enough that it will be in the way of whatever my landlady plans on storing.

Overall, though, things are coming along nicely. I've been going through bags and bins, and have even weeded out some of the clothes in my closet. I will also be making use of the space under my bed to store things out of the way too.

It is amazing what losing weight can do - pants that used to barely fit were falling off my ass, so those got donated. I also don't eat as much as I used to because I don't want to make a mess of the landlady's kitchen. I do, however, have my toaster oven, air fryer, kettle, and Keurig set up in my little area of the basement that is outside of my bedroom. And the plan is for me to buy a shelving rack to put my food on so that it is no longer in my bedroom. The landlady just has to get rid of the two mattresses that are in the way first.

I'm going to be giving away my coffee table and two end tables, and selling my chaise. It will get that stuff out of the house, and it's not like I'm going to need any of that stuff any time soon. Besides, I know that if I ever do end up getting my own place again I can replace it. I just have to clean everything off of the end tables and get them out of my bedroom, and move the nightstand in. And I think on my next set of days off, if it's nice enough, I may finally get my dresser painted. And probably the nightstand too so it all matches. I just have to pick up a couple of knobs for the end table - I can get ones that match the ones on my desk, which will be perfect :)

My eventual goal is to pare down even more of my things so that I don't have so much crammed into my room. Besides, most of it I haven't touched since I moved in, other than to move it from one spot to another.

It was with that thought in mind that I bought a smaller bin for my acrylic nail supplies. Something just for the various powders, brushes, and monomer. I'm going to go through the rest of my supplies and toss out any goopy gel polishes, and ancient regular polishes I have floating around. Or polishes that I bought on a whim that I wore once or twice and never again because I really didn't like them that much. I should probably do the same with my makeup at some point. I did it around six months ago or so, and got rid of lots, but I know I could easily do it again without any issues.

What I really need to get my hands on is more shelving. Not a shelving unit, but more along the lines of decorative shelving that you hang up on the wall - I have too much fan decor still in boxes and bins, and nowhere to put it all. And none of it is stuff that I plan on getting rid of. Hell, I'll even settle for unfinished planks of wood and cheap metal brackets. It's amazing what paint can do!

I have also made the decision to get rid of my old steamer trunk once I go through the yarn in it. The plan when I got it was to refurb it and use it both as storage and a functional piece of furniture. but I haven't done anything with it. Other than look up how to replace the damaged leather handle on one side of it. Yeah, it's just time for it to find a new home. And I will also likely be rehoming a lot of the yarn I have too...I can always buy more, and not stockpile so much of it this time.

For now though, I need to go deal with my laundry and maybe go to bed early tonight. I have work tomorrow and then a dance to DJ tomorrow night. And I still don't know what I'm going to wear...*sigh*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog