I now weigh under 200lbs! Go me!

Now to keep it off and continue to take it off until I hit my current personal goal of 175lbs.

I know it doesn't seem like much, but I've been overweight since I have birth to my daughter over 32 years ago. It doesn't help that I come from a family where weight issues were common. And I don't mean being underweight either. For most of my life, my own mother was quite overweight. Mind you, when I was rather underweight (hello, anorexia), she used to maintain that I was fat...no wonder I had issues with body image. Still do, but not I used to, thankfully.

When I get paid next, there's a very good chance that I will finally go in to get my belly button piercing done. If I don't chicken out, of course. I hate needles, but I love piercings. Go figure.

It helps that I don't eat as much as I used to. I know I'm bad for emotional eating instead of eating when I'm actually hungry. Such is life sometimes. But I've been managing to avoid this by drinking water instead, and eating when I need to. And I've been sticking primarily to healthy foods and smaller portions than I used to eat on a regular basis. Plus, I've been a bit more active than I was for entirely too long.

I know it helps that I live closer to places I want to go. Walking is good exercise, even though the heat is punishing. I can manage to get to the nearby mall without melting, and then can do a bit of mall-walking, buying a couple of things that I need on a regular basis before heading home. And I've noticed that my depression isn't quite as bad as it used to be.

Next payday, I also need to refill my meds and pick up the newest prescription added to my list. Something that will help with my ADHD now that so many of my usual coping mechanisms don't work as well as they used to.

Tonight I'm DJing a dance, and I actually decided to make an effort in terms of what I plan on wearing and even brought makeup with me. No jewelry, because I don't know where most of it is right now thanks to how cluttered my room is after moving so much of the boxes and bins in so my landlady can take pics of some of the items she's selling out of the basement. Woo?

Anyhow, I should at least pretend to be working hard today, so I'm out until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog